Leg 2: Saturday 9th April 2022
Nocky
FMFA Member
FMFA Member
FMFA Credits:  5,171,665

Re: Semi Final Draw

Post by Nocky »

Villa vs Stoke

Our full focus for the season is on this competition now as it's our final chance for a trophy and an opportunity to win it for the 3rd straight season - a feat rarely achieved at any level. Over that run we have played 30 games so far, winning 17 of them, drawing 9 and losing just 4. This has been our competition for a while and we won't go down without a fight.

Having said that we did lose the 2nd leg of the QF at home to Spurs and haven't won in 4 matches in all comps with just 2 wins in 8. And we know nothing about Stoke having not faced them since season 16. So we go into the unknown. We have to try and get the W in this one with the first leg at home and so will be setting up to do just that - whilst also wary of the threat of away goals.

We no longer care about fitness for the league so we're all out for this one. It'll be our absolute strongest side and we'll be looking for a good lead.
Bedoza
FMFA Member
FMFA Member
FMFA Credits:  34,361,332

Re: Semi Final Draw

Post by Bedoza »

Sheffield United U23 v Watford U23

The Blades just put the Hornets to the sword in the previously played league match. That said the Blades do have some stamina issues but are playing at home. Tough decisions to make. Do the Hornets try to chase a goal or will a draw suffice?

@Darlington - I will try to play Tormey again. If the trade has been invalidated - please let me know and I will stop playing Tormey.