eve - plater T_Anderson is injured for the match
Nocky
FMFA Member
FMFA Member
FMFA Credits:  5,171,665

Re: Match 19 Results

Post by Nocky »

Leicester 2-0 Villa

Having circled the drain the last few weeks, this is the match that condemns our title challenge to the sewers now. After a 6 game unbeaten run between rounds 11 and 16 after which we were sat top of the pile it is now no win in 3 and we find ourselves 5 points behind Liverpool with just 9 to play for. With their superior GD, a win and a draw from the 3 games will confirm them the title.

In this match itself we did not deserve to lose - a draw may have been fair but we edged the stats. However, if you play E away from home you have to get the counter and we didn't manage that. Very diappointing.

So what's left? Well securing Anglo American football for next season is the priority. A point will guarantee us a top 6 finish but the big prize is top 4. We will need 5 points from our last 5 games to make that happen which we hope will be achievable if we stop the rot. We are away to 10th placed Everton next up before back to back home games against the teams in 9th and 8th.

There are some big games around us. Liverpool face 3rd, 4th and 6th in their run in, Leicester play 1st and 5th so sides will take points off each other. With Liverpool's run in I guess we never know - but we have to take 9 points ourselves. If we do that we finish 2nd which is still a great achievement for this squad.
Bedoza
FMFA Member
FMFA Member
FMFA Credits:  34,361,332

Re: Match 19 Results

Post by Bedoza »

Burnley 0 - 2 Watford

I wish I could say that the Hornets dominated this and deserved the 3 points. In fact it was a 50:50 game decided by not 1 but 2 Burnley own goals. A harsh result for Burnley but the Hornets are still hanging on.